LEVELLR: Community Guidelines
We created Levellr to help athletes and their fans come together and share their experiences around the sports they love. It’s brilliant to see more and more people from diverse communities joining Levellr each day and we are excited to see this continue.
We want everybody to have a brilliant experience and stay safe when using Levellr so we have developed these Community Guidelines to explain what is and what is not acceptable and allowed on Levellr. We know that the vast majority use Levellr responsibly so these guidelines might seem quite obvious to you but we want to be clear about how we expect all users to behave when using Levellr.
If you see any activity that violates these guidelines, you can report it to us by filling out this form.
- Hate Speech is not allowed on Levellr. Do not post content on Levellr if the purpose of that content is to incite hatred or encourage violence against individuals or groups based on any attributes such as race, ethnicity, nationality, sex/gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, age, caste, disability, immigration status, veteran status or victims of major violent event and their kin. We will not allow and may remove content promoting violence or hatred against individuals or groups based on these attributes.
- Harassment and content that threatens individuals is not allowed on Levellr. Do not organise, participate in, or encourage harassment of others. Of course, disagreements may occur and that is to be expected, but continuous, repetitive, or severe negative comments may cross the line into harassment. Do not post content that targets an individual with prolonged name calling or malicious insults based on intrinsic attributes such as those listed in section 1 (above), physical traits, status as a survivor of sexual assault, domestic abuse, child abuse and more. Do not post content with the intent to shame, deceive or insult a child (usually defined as anyone younger than 18 years old, but the age of a child might vary by geography.) We will not allow and may remove content encouraging harassment of others.
- Threats of violence or harm to others is not allowed on Levellr. Do not post threats of violence or threaten to harm others including indirect threats, as well as sharing or threatening to share someone’s private personal information. We will not allow and may remove content that includes threats of violence or harm to others.
- Encouraging others to commit violent acts are not allowed on Levellr. Do not post violent or extremely gory content intended to shock or disgust users including content that incites other users to commit violent acts against individuals or groups, content depicting physical attacks, sexual assaults, robberies, medical procedures, animal cruelty, content depicting bodily fluid (eg. blood or vomit) with the intent to shock or disgust viewers. We will not allow and may remove content intended to shock or disgust.
- Encouraging dangerous or illegal activities is not allowed on Levellr. Do not post content that encourages dangerous or illegal activities that risk serious physical harm or death including: dangerous challenges or pranks that pose an imminent risk of physical injury or that create serious emotional distress; content that shows viewers how to perform activities meant to harm or kill others; content that shows viewers how to steal tangible goods or promoting dishonest behaviour; content that depicts abuse of or instructions on how to create addictive drugs; content that encourages viewers to imitate eating disorders; content that promotes violent tragedies. We will not allow and may remove content encouraging dangerous or illegal activities.
- Promoting suicide or self-harm is not allowed on Levellr. Do not post content that promotes suicide or self-harm or provides instructions on how to die by suicide or self-harm. We will not allow and may remove content that promotes suicide or self-harm.
- Explicit content meant to be sexually gratifying is not allowed on Levellr. Do not share content or links to content that is meant to be sexually gratifying including graphic pornography, sexual acts, genitals, or humiliating fetishes. Do not share content or links which depict minors in a pornographic, sexually suggestive, or violent manner including illustrated or digitally altered pornography that depicts minors. We will not allow and may remove content that is meant to be sexually gratifying and we may inform the relevant authorities.
- Organising, promotion, or supporting violent extremism is not allowed on Levellr. Do not share content or links to content that promotes or supports violent extremism. We will not allow and may remove content that promotes or supports violent extremism and we may inform the relevant authorities.
- Promoting dangerous remedies or cures is not allowed on Levellr. Do not share content which claims that harmful substances or treatments can have health benefits. We will not allow and may remove content which claims that harmful substances or treatments can have health benefits.
- Extremely explicit and vulgar language is not allowed on Levellr. Do not post content that is explicit, vulgar or appropriate for Levellr communities. We will not allow and may remove content that is extremely explicit or vulgar.
- Content intended to sell regulated goods and services is not allowed on Levellr. Don't post content if it aims to directly sell, link to, or facilitate access to any regulated goods and services such as drugs, controlled substances or firearms. We will not allow and may remove content that is intended to sell regulated goods.
- Unwanted, repeated friend requests and messages are not allowed on Levellr. Do not evade blocks made by other users especially after the user has made it clear they don’t want to interact with you anymore. Do not try to hide your identity in an attempt to contact someone who has blocked you, or otherwise circumvent the tools we have which enable users to protect themselves.
- Encouraging the bypassing of payment for digital content or services is not allowed on Levellr. Do not share content that shows viewers how to use apps, websites, or other information technology to gain unauthorised free access to audio content, audiovisual content, software, or streaming services that normally require payment.
- Hacking is not allowed on Levellr. Do not demonstrate how to use technology with the intent to steal credentials, compromise personal data or cause serious harm to others.
- Sending viruses or malware to others is not allowed on Levellr. Do not send others viruses or malware, attempt to phish others, or hack or DDoS them.
- You may not spam the Levellr team. Making false and malicious claims, sending repeated claims about the same issue, or encouraging a group of users to all report the same issue may lead to suspension or termination.
Last modified: April 2021